Sunday, March 01, 2009

School Ties

i did something a bit unusual for a sunday morning today. i put on a white shirt and work pants instead of the usual jeans and polo shirt. and before i stepped out of the house i put on a school tie.

why in the world, at my age, having left school for so many years, would i still want to remember Founder's Day? i've talked at length in this blog before about what i owe this school in terms of opportunities, education and friendship. in terms of learning not only about the things in books but of life and how to live it. in terms of how to conduct myself as a scholar, officer and gentleman. this is nothing new.

no, i wear my tie lest i forget the goodness of my God to me through my school. without this school, founded 123 years ago, i would not be where i am today. and without my God, my school would not have been able to shape me in the way it did.

God save our land and heaven bless our ACS forever!

The Anthem - H.M. Hoisington

No comments: